A developer preview of Android eleven is now obtainable, permitting application developers to get started doing work with the prepared update to Google’s cellular OS. Among the several new features and APIs, Android eleven is set to emphasize protection.
The preview, produced February 19, has new capabilities for controlling entry to sensitive information and knowledge. Permission choices are provided for privacy, and the OS has been made more secure through hardening of significant areas.
Further, biometric authentication now supports a wider assortment of gadgets. BiometricPrompt supports a few authenticator kinds with distinct stages of granularity, including potent, weak, and machine credential.
Other new capabilities in Android eleven incorporate:
- A new API lets an application use an total waterfall display including the edges, with insets to handle conversation in close proximity to the edges. Apps can handle pinhole and waterfall screens making use of present exhibit cutout APIs.
- The Neural Networks API (NNAPI) gives expanded operations and controls for developers. Excellent of service APIs permit priority and timeout for product execution though memory domain APIs lower memory copying and transformation for consecutive product execution. Signed integer uneven quantization has been added signed integers are made use of instead of float figures, enabling more rapidly inference and smaller types.
- New procedures, tools, and launch milestones have been added to lessen system update impacts.
- Enhancements for 5G guidance more rapidly speeds and decreased latency. Present connectivity APIs are staying increased to consider gain of 5G speeds.
- The dynamic meteredness API, which checks if a link is unmetered, has been extended to mobile networks. This permits application developers to deliver higher resolution, higher high-quality, or more knowledge to people linked to unmetered 5G networks.
- The bandwidth estimator API has been current to make it a lot easier to look at downstream/upstream bandwidth.
- New media and camera capabilities.
Google cautions that the launch is an early, baseline develop. Downloadable from developer.android.com, the Android eleven developer preview is intended only for developers and is not proposed for consumer or everyday use. An problem tracker has been set up to offer comments on the preview.